EPAA SELF CARE SUMMIT FOR EAs AND PAs
FRIDAY 11TH OCTOBER 2019
This new one day event is a first of its kind for the UK Business Support Profession.
What do we mean by Self Care? Self Care is any activity that we do deliberately in order to take care of our mental, emotional and physical health. It encompasses anything you can do to be good to yourself. Never has there been a more important time to look at this area for Executive and Personal Assistants.
Amidst ever increasing demands placed on Business Support Professionals, many of us have become aware of the need and importance of trying to preserve our own physical and mental wellbeing, both at work and in our personal lives.
A 2018 study from the Mental Health Foundation (this study on stress was the largest known in the UK) showed that in the past year, 74% of people have felt so stressed they have been overwhelmed or unable to cope. Further results indicated that 51% of adults who felt stressed reported feeling depressed and 61% reporting feeling anxious.
The day is designed to assist Business Support Professionals in their quest for better self care and the opportunity to explore issues around mental health, coping mechanisms, support structures and frameworks to support you in leading a happier and healthier life.
Our Self Care Summit is suitable for every grade of our membership, regardless of qualifications and academia.
- Learn how to develop and maintain a self care routine that works for you
- Practical tools and resources to help you readdress the balance
- Learn skills to improve moods and coping strategies
- Enhanced self-esteem
- Greater clarity on your purpose
- Address behavioural, personal and/or professional barriers
- Learn how to practice mindfulness and incorporating this into your daily life
- The confidence to make inspired wellbeing choices going forward
- Expert speakers from the different facets of the wellbeing and nutrition sector
Ticket prices include the following:
- Electronic Certificate of attendance
- 10 EPAA CPD Credits (for those taking part in our CPD programme)
- Lunch and refreshments
- 1 x Happiness Planner Box Of Happiness (5 to choose from)
- 1 x Hari Ghotra Spice Kit (12 to choose from)
- 1 x The Wellbeing Journal: Creative Activities to Inspire by MIND
*Please note the Box of Happiness and Spice Kit are given out on arrival at the event. Pre-selection of both will be required.